An MCC is a numerical code used to categorize business types. A Merchant required to use one of the following MCCs is considered a high risk merchant.
- 5962 (Direct Marketing – Travel-Related Arrangement Services)
- 5966 (Direct Marketing – Outbound Telemarketing Merchants)
- 5967 (Direct Marketing – Inbound Telemarketing Merchants)
- 7995 (Betting, including Lottery Tickets, Casino Gaming Chips, Off-Track Betting, and Wagers at Race Tracks)
- 5912 (Drug Stores, Pharmacies)
- 5122 (Drugs, Drug Proprietaries, Druggist Sundries)
- 5993 (Cigar Stores and Stands), for Merchants that sell cigarettes in a Card-Absent Environment